12.12.2012

It's beginning to look a lot like...Thanksgiving?



I am so not Christmas-y this year.
As in...we have not even purchased our tree yet.
I have not hung a single light.
Our gingerbread house remains un-built.
No wreath adorns our door.

and so far, I am ok with that!

Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays.
Know what i don't like? Cleaning up after them.
Pine needles...
Finding random ornaments all year long...
Taking down annoying lights that took far too long to hang...

Do I sound like a grinch?
I guess I do, but oh well.
I am excited to go to my parent's house for the holiday and enjoy the Christmas-y atmosphere there.

In the meantime, we may buy a huge potted plant and decorate that....we'll see.

4 comments:

Kiersten said...

Don't worry - if you're a Grinch, so am I. I never really see the point in decorating just to take it all down a month later. I'd rather spend the time and money on presents!
<3 Kiersten

Jodi said...

I don't have a tree (yet) either. Although that yet part is maybe not going to happen. Haha! Decorating for the holidays is a lot of work so may skip it this year. I too like going to my parents house to enjoy all their decorations!

Serena said...

The only reason I have a tree already is because our apartment is so small that we have a fake one.

Lo and behold...our lovely Dr. Seuss tree: http://www.target.com/p/champagne-fantasy-tree/-/A-10929874#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=fantasy%20tree

Stephanie said...

The one downside to the holidays is all the clean up after. January is usually depressing enough b/c the "happiest time of the year" is over, now we have to clean up a mess of pine needles, ornaments, and tangled lights, too?

I do love the smell of a fresh Christmas tree though... :)