11.27.2012

I'm back + it is cold

I'm back from glorious sunny California. 
My days were spent basking in the perfect 73 degree air and soaking up vitamin D.
I went running around cute neighborhoods where people have lemon trees in their yards (and gave me funny looks when I would pluck a few...)
I cuddled as much as I could with my niece, Ila, who is the cutest baby in the world.
I ate.
I antiqued.
I decided i needed to move to Southern California.

Seriously.

Well, 50% seriously.
Jeff said if my sister could find friends to live in our place (rent it out and cover the mortgage...) then we could move to California for a bit. Maybe 6 months. Maybe a year.
I would do it in a heartbeat.
So you never know, that may happen. Of course, probably not until after the wedding...

Don't get me wrong, I love Maine. I do. And I'll always want to live here, especially Portland. But, I make it no secret that I cannot stand snow or cold weather.
and weather in San Diego is perfect about 87% of the time. 
That is a percent I can jump on board with.

view from our friend's apartment (where we stayed the first night)

enjoying coffee + the sun

Jeff checking on Ila

La Jolla


Seals just taking a rest

Lemon trees were everywhere! 

itty bitty baby foot

Sangria on the deck

Oceanside Sunset

5 comments:

Empirically Erin said...

Girl I am so with you. I love Maine too but it's getting too cold too quickly. Last year we didn't turn the heat on until at least December. This year I've begged my husband to turn it on almost every night. I keep seeing pics of Cali and it makes me think I'm in the wrong place...

B said...

DOOO IITTT!!! we (california that is) want you!

Melissa Fielman said...

Pretty pictures! I like vacationing in warm weather places, but I could never live permanently without fall or winter. I'm just one of those people. Glad you had a great time, though!

Legally Lovely said...

San Diego is the best. Not sure I could do it in the summertime when it's a hundred degrees, but maybe the winter. That's what you should do!! You need a winter home in San Diego. Super posh. :)

Kiersten said...

Beautiful photos! I'm so jealous that you got to escape the cold for a bit and go somewhere warm, especially somewhere like California!
I was just talking to my cousin last week about how we'd love to live there together one day... I hope it happens for you!
<3 Kiersten