10.24.2012

Pumpkin Crazy Weekend




yes, that is a real pumpkin on this man's head.





my pumpkin!

view from top of Mt. Monadnock


all mine, ladies.


This past weekend, we jumped in the car and headed to Keene, New Hampshire to meet up with some friends for Pumpkin Fest 2012.
On the way there, we also rescued a dog.
Well, not "rescued" per say, but we were driving along route 101 (which is windy) and all of the sudden cars were swerving all over the place and slowing down. We noticed it was because there was a dog running in the road! Poor guy! So, I SCREAMED for Jeff to pull over- and as he was doing so, I lept out of the moving vehicle and threw myself into traffic to stop the cars (seriously those a-holes weren't even pulling over or anything- just kept driving!). I some how managed to grab the dog by the collar and dragged him to the side of the road where we both stood trembling waiting for Jeff to park the car.
He didn't have a name on his tag- but there was a vet number, so we called the vet, told them what the dog's rabies ID number was and they told us his name is Charlie and they called his owners (who lived right up the street) and they came frantically to get Mr. Charlie, who had escaped his electric fence.
Pat us on the back for our good deed!

We made it to Keene.
We drank mimosas as we carved pumpkins.
we walked around the festival and admired pumpkin splendor.
we drank afternoon beers.
we played games.

Sunday, we hiked Mt. Monadnock- a fabulously long hike. 3 days later and I still can't walk. I blame my short legs for the soreness.

bt dubs, I LOVE carving pumpkins. I fully intend to carve more this weekend.

Did y'all carve any yet?!

2 comments:

B said...

you know, that always blows my mind how people don't stop! i stop for everything. and everyone. i think russ gets frustrated with me because it often delays our plans and takes up a tons of time haha oops! if it was my dog i would want someone to save them from the cars!! good work lady! you are my hero!

as for pumpkins, clearly i love them. going to a pumpkin patch and carving this weekend!

pumpkin head man is scary. that must really smell inside there. wouldn't pumpkin goo get in his eyes? weird.

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

Halloween isn't very big here so I didn't carve pumpkins but I did get into the lift yesterday and it was decorated - the walls covered black with cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, I thought that was pretty cool! Your time out hiking and exploring sounds perfect. I hope you're still not too sore xoxox