8.14.2012

Fall colors

It is hard for me to imagine fall is right around the corner, especially when humidity levels have been close to 100% and the days are sticky/sunny/messes. But, even with the heat in the air, I can sense fall creeping in. and when it does, I know I'll retire my affair with pops of neon on my person and instead replace hot pink and bright yellow for the more sophisticated jewel tones that are catching my eye.


jewel


Much like neon adds the perfect punch to my summer attire- I know against my fairly bland collection of skinny black pants and cream colored sweaters, these bright accessories will wake up any old outfit. AND jewel tones are waaaay more work appropriate.

besides jewel tones, I also feel myself being drawn towards soft shades of gray, caramel and anything striped.

as much as I'll miss summer- I can't WAIT for the cooler days and layering that comes with it.


8 comments:

Empirically Erin said...

I hear you!! I love summer and summer colors, but I've been really finding that jewel tones are much more my thing. I love these finds you've shared with us!!

Stephanie said...

Jewel tones are my favorite! Also, that sweater looks insanely comfy...fall needs to get here, now!

Rachel @ lala Lists said...

I am so loving all of these jewel tones!!!! Gorgeous!

Legally Lovely said...

BRING IT ON, FALL! I am so ready for cooler temperatures and chunky sweaters. Can't get here fast enough!

Lindsay said...

I'm so ready for Fall! Love the jewel tones!

Dina A. Hady said...

I am in love with soft colors. It's kind of sad, actually. Clothes wise, I tend to go for gentler hues. They don't have to be earth tones; just nothing too dark or too light; especially in colder weather, I love me some caramel.

You know what I'm ready for, though? SCARVES. I'm a scarves ninja. I am a recovering addict. I have, like, half of what I had before, but I'm still stoked to wear them. And hats!

Vanessa said...

I love using colour in accessories too, and these jewel tones are just divine. Great choices! :-)

Vanessa x

Lexi said...

Love all of the jewel tones! Looks like I need to stock up on some new nail polish!
♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.