6.28.2012

you guys

when I started this whole blogging thing, I wasn't sure what to expect. Slowly I've come to love it more and more. Know why? You guys.

One of the coolest things about having a blog and blogging is the kindness of strangers. It is pretty neat that my words are read, my emotions are shared, my struggles are sympathized, my happiness is celebrated...and best of all, when I think I'm alone in something, one of your comments shows me that I'm not.

Blogging allows an entire community of people to come together and form friendships- people that otherwise never would have met- people from all over the country and world- brought together by words on a screen.

Seriously guys, it blows my mind how amazingly sweet and nice you are. I think it says something that in a society where people are more often thought of as being self-centered/mean/negative there is a whole world out there of bloggers who have made real connections and friendships with one another. I love it.

So thanks- thanks for being out there reading what I have to say.

You guys are the best.

ps: go read this about adding your email to your blogger profile. It makes me feel so badly when I get the nicest comment and want to respond to that person and can't because their email address isn't available!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Isn't this little blog land just amazing?!

Emily Terrell said...

Beautiful post! I feel exactly the same way. I am *very* new to having my own blog (though I've been reading other's blogs for years) and I cannot believe the amazing people I've met online. It's wonderful :] And thanks for the tip about the e-mail address! I never knew that and that explains why I never see replies on comments!

Shannon said...

YOU rock, lady! ;)

Deidre said...

I definitely love blogland - I get so sad when I can't post or something else in my life (you know "real life") gets in the way of my blogging life.

Dina Hady said...

It's kind of funny, because cyberspace gets a reputation for being a land of bullying and cruelty. I am new to all of the blogging, so I'm mostly reading--I write, but, for now, comment for the most part. I think...as someone who feel alone so much, it's nice to stumble on an entry, blog, blogger, who just resonates. It's the best feeling. Thank you for that, Nicole.
Hearts,
Dina

Danielle said...

Love blogging!!! It's the bomb. Love your blog! You're fabulous.

Megan10e said...

Hi! I just found your blog on the Coast to Coast blogger map. I live in Arizona now, but I grew up in Kennebunk! You were the closest blogger. ;) Following you now!

Shaping Up To Be A Mom

Tricia said...

Starting out a blog and "putting it all out there" is a pretty scary thing. It's always nice to meet other people out there out on the blogosphere when they're so nice. It's definitely a nice little niche to find yourself in.
Randomly found your blog through a couple of others and I love it!

Lexi said...

I feel the same way! My only regret is that I didn't start blogging sooner!
♡ Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings