random post alert, but I think today I am goign to make a list of random things about me that I feel you should know. I mean, if I talk about personal things on this blog o'mine, then I feel it is only fair to share the weird and strange. Besides, the more I blog, the more I want to know people and feel like people are getting to know me...creepy? Maybe. But I'm doing this anyway!
- I must eat breakfast in the morning. I almost always wake up hungry, no matter what time it is. I guess I've always been like this, even when I was a little kiddo.
- when I was younger, I was a tomboy. I didn't wear a dress until high school.
- I had my first kiss when I was 15!
- I am terrified of a few things but mostly lightning and ghosts. I don't love spiders.
- I am a hypocondriac and seriously afraid of getting hurt/dying/having some weirdo disease that will never be properly diagnosed.
- I talk in weird voices to my animals.
- I don't like steamed broccoli, but will eat raw broccoli like a champ.
- I am uncompetative to a fault.
- I used to hate wine- never drank the stuff until after college and now I love it.
- I believe I am seriously unphotogenic and will have seriously doubts about whoever we hire for our wedding photog.
- I am constantly starting things and never finishing them.
- Having a visible zit causes me an irrational amount of stress- I own way too many concealers.
- I really don't enjoy talking on the phone- I do it, because I miss my far away friends- but I was never one of those teenage girls that stayed on the phone for hours and even now I think my longest phone calls top out around 45 minutes.
- I don't have a favorite song.
- sometimes I do things just because I feel like I am "supposed to".
- I read very very fast. Most people don't believe me and accuse me of skimming, but I am just a fast reader!
- authority, tradtion and rules irk me. For example, when I was a legislative aide, it used to seriously bug me when my co-workers would get all weird and formal around the speaker of the house... Just another person, folks. Seriously, calm down.
- I am obsessed with vacuming and sweeping the floor- i cannot stand having crumbs/dirt/whatever stick to my feet.
- when things aren't neat, I get stressed. and when I am stressed, I usually clean to calm down.
- I used to be super paranoid about farting in my sleep because I saw a movie where a girl did it and the guy was really grossed out. My friends think this is hilarious.
- when things get tough, I usually have to fight back the urge to just run away to a far away land and live off coconuts and fish.
- I have never successfully flown a kite.
- when I get really really really angry- I cry.
- I was diagnosed with panic disorder a few years ago and seriously questioned how I was going to make it through my life- but thankfully to cognative therapy and medecine, things are more or less back to normal and I haven't had a real panic attack in over a year!
- i couldn't handle sleep overs as a kid, a teenager and still really only prefer sleeping in my own bed.
25 random things.
if you guys are interested in doing your own random things post, link back to it here in a comment so I can check it out!!!!