5.09.2012

So long 20's...



As I write this post, it is my 30 eve. I am currently having a glass of wine and relishing the last few hours of my 20's. But as you are reading this, it is May 9th- and 30 years ago today, I was born. (duh?) (also my glass of wine is large.)

My 20's have been a wonderful decade.

The ages of 20, 21 and a little bit of 22 were spent finishing up college. A GREAT few years- ending a long and toxic relationship my junior year of college, gave me the next year to figure out who I was without him- and making out with lots of cute boys. 

22 and 23- I moved to Portland, got my first real job and made some amazing friends. It was the summer of 23 that I laughed more than I ever had before, got the best tan, drank way too many margaritas and danced in the middle of the streets with my roommates. 

Fall of 2005

2005 roommates
I was 24 when I started law school, graduated when I was 27.
I met Jeff at 24.
I met Emily at 24.
Fell in love at 25.
Those 3 years were complicated, stressful and out of the bad came two of the best relationships I've ever had.

saw Hanson in 2008- not. ashamed.

soulmate.

our first law school prom- spring of 07.
the last few years of my twenties have been the hardest. I've lost loved ones, been laid off, struggled through almost a year of unemployment, bar exam failures...and yet, I've come out the other side. I'm finishing up my 20's with an engagement and a job and my armor is stronger than ever.  I've seen friends get married, my brother got married!, friends start families...beautiful memories have been made.

Yeah I joke around that I fear my 30's and I can't believe I'm this old- but honestly, I'm ready for 30. I just have a feeling that my 30's are going to be better than I ever thought they could be. Thirty, flirty and thriving! I'm a real grown up.

Well....almost.

2005

2010

2005

8 comments:

Alissa said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Let's talk about Hanson, shall we? I had no idea you were also a fan. I saw them for the firs time when I was in 7th grade, and I then saw them 4 more times. The last time I drove to NH and I believe I was 20.

No shame!

Alivia said...

You're my favorite. I love you, happy birthday!!!

Emily said...

I love the photos!! And I love you! Happy Birthday!!!!

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday! I just turned 30 a little over a month ago and it's not so bad! 30 is the new 20, right?!

Ben & Cassie said...

What a great post, Happy birthday! It is fun to look back and see how at one moment you thought your life was over but a few years later it doesnt seem like a big deal! Thirty, Flirty and Thriving!

Legally Lovely said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday! I hope you had a great day with plenty of celebrations. Hope your 30s are wonderful!!!!

Lexi said...

Oh my gosh, I feel like we are the same person! I even lurrrved Hanson! And how fun is being a lawyer? I kid. I kid. It's awful.
♡ Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

Lexi said...

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!