4.16.2012

Sometimes I say Estee but I mean Etsy.

Do you ever do that with a word? Just inadvertently say it wrong, no matter how hard you try to get it right? I also say foxfire instead of Fire Fox (the web browser..). Weird. 

I went a-flea-marketing this weekend. I did not go to the new Portland Flea for All- because while I heard it is pretty cool and has some great stuff, I was in the mood for old, vintage, dig-through-junk type of flea marketing. Needless to say, I found nothing. Nada. Zip.

I was looking for vintage doilies for a DIY project (more on that later), and old tin tea boxes...

This brings me to Etsy Monday and the other reason why I adore Etsy like I do- not only full of handmade crafts and finds, but full of neat vintage jems! 

Behold...

tea tin!

and another

lace doily

1970's birdcage- would be beautiful with a candle inside
how unreal is this cookie jar? My birthday is coming up, btw.
antique bottle holder- wouldn't this be GREAT as a succulent planter?
vintage pyrex...adore.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

I found a bunch of that vintage pyrex in my great-grandmother's house when I was cleaning it out, now it's MIA in a tote somewhere.

This reminded me that I need to find it.

I spelled "etsy" the first few times I said it out loud. "e-t-s-y, ya know that site?"

B said...

haha i def say things wrong all the time. russ is always the first one to point that out!

birthday coming up huh? whens your bday and whats your mailing address!?

Ben & Cassie said...

I say curtains when referring to blinds and eyebrows when meaning eyelashes. whatevs, ppl get it! Love the tea tins and vintage pyrex!

Michelle said...

I'm obsessed with vintage Pyrex. I have some from my great-grandma that I love using.

Michelle said...

I'm obsessed with vintage Pyrex. I have some from my great-grandma that I love using.