3.08.2012

i have a cat

Meet Capo.


Capo is a special cat. Like no cat I've ever met before. I rescued her from a local shelter in 2006. She was a tiny cute pink nosed kitten- super curious and playful. And also had runny poo. I used to have to wipe her bum with baby wipes. It was real gross. 





runny bum and all, she was still pretty cute. and tough, my boy roommates used to torture her- they wouldn't even call her by her name, and instead, they called her Sweet William. Billy for short.

As she got older, she developed a real 'tude. A real sense of entitlement.


It certainly didn't help that when I lived with Emily she spoiled Capo rotten. She would carry her around, rock her like a baby, let her do whatever she wanted. It really messed with Capo's head. Because after Em moved out, Capo felt like she still deserved that treatment.

If Capo doesn't get a particular brand of food she will find plastic, eat it, then puke on our bed. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Or, she will knock stuff off my nightstand. 
or chase the dog.

It is not cute.

Capo has also fallen out of a third story window and lived to tell the tale. 

and there was that one time she took it upon herself to lick all the hair off of her own "girly bits".

 Like I said, she is special. and I just wanted to share her with you.


the end.



6 comments:

Emily said...

This made me both cry (not even joking!) and laugh out loud. So hard. Omg her runny butt. And how stinky she can be in the litter box! And remember when the boys stressed her out so badly that she lost the patch of hair on her head and we thought it was ringworm? And the time you taught her how to fetch? Ohhhhh I miss her.

B said...

nicole you kill me! i dont love cats, but this story and those pics were hilarious! had me laughing out loud!

Alivia said...

She is my favorite favorite.

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I love animals but I'm asthmatic so it's especially difficult with cats but Capo doesn't seem like just any cat! How gorgeous!

The Mrs. and The Momma said...

Oh My! I am not a fan of cats, but these pics kind of make me want one. She looks like a character!

-Kristen
The Mrs. and The Momma

Shannon said...

Found your blog from Across the Pond, so I started browsing..and came across this post.

I think I peed a little. I seriously laughed so hard. I have cats (well, HAD - they're my parent's cats now, since my hubby is allergic) and they all act the same damn way!

Boys always give cats a hard time, I find. I had a bitch cat named Jinxy cat and my dad decided to start calling her Pencil Neck because she was tiny. Nice, Dad.

I'm following your blog, like NOW! :)