9.26.2011

Etsy Monday!!

One thing I have a lot of lately is time. And instead of sitting around and feeling sorry for myself, which trust me, I could do because I have done it before- I've been keeping busy and testing myself, pushing myself. Training for the half marathon has kept me motivated. And for my creative side, I've been finding free pieces of furniture on craigslist and refinishing them. Or scouring the flee market for old picture frames or other original decorative pieces. 

Recently I found a FREE wooden dresser on craigslist. It was covered in layers of old paint. We've been painstakingly sanding it down and just started painting it a pretty slate blue color. It is going to look pretty sweet in our bedroom. Don't worry, I'll include pictures when it is done!

Point is, finding all this great stuff has kicked my decorating gear into overdrive and it finally feels as though this house has some of our personality in it. Etsy has been a huge help and inspiration- here are my recent lusts:

White birch shelf- perfect for the bathroom or a few beautiful books! By Virtualdesignlab (who is a Mainer! nice!)

Coral pillow cover- by Kainkain

Wool lace stripe blanket by aclhandweaver

Burlap baskets by Jennilyons81

Storage bench by ModernRust

Reclaimed barnwood nightstand by Natureinspiredcrafts

2 comments:

whitney johnson said...

good for you for doing some decorating! i am seriously the worst at that. our apartment is so bland! :)

Emily said...

I think your place has always had your personalities in it. That's part of the reason I have always loved it so much. I mean, it still needs a mint green room with black window trim, but still.. I love it.