9.28.2011

coffee is HOT

I feel like lately I haven't done anything clumsy or embarrassing. 

It was kind of nice, while it lasted. I mean, sometimes I get nervous in public because I'm not sure what is going to happen or go wrong-- will I trip? Will I walk into a glass door? Will I mistake a human for a mannequin? Will I shut a large chunk of my hair in my car door?

Then today, I went to have lunch with a friend at a local sandwich/coffee shop. I made it through lunch with no incidents. Then, after Molly left- I stayed around, pulled out my laptop and worked on some projects. After 30 minutes I got up and ordered a large coffee. Since I was planning on staying, I got a mug instead of a paper cup. I took approximately 2 steps from the counter with my steaming mug of coffee, when the damn thing slipped out of my hand, fell to the floor, splashed allllllllllllll over my feet and the mug shattered to pieces.

Ow.
OwwwWWWWwwwwwwWww!

Hot. HOT HOT HOT. Not only hot on my poor flipflop feet, but the MUG hit my foot first before it bounced to the floor. So, not only are the poor toes on my right foot bright red and burnt, but bruised the hell out of the top of my foot. And many many people saw this happen. And many many people saw me almost cry.

Sigh.

Well folks, looks like my days of non-embarrassment are over. Welcome back, public humiliation!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I'm terribly sorry for your feet and for this accident. However, I missed your awkward moment posts. The mannequin post is still my absolute favorite. Plus, think on the bright side, you now have a special memory for this year's National Coffee Week.

Bon Bon said...

Awww, you poor thing. You had a good run:-) As a fellow awkward moments-maker, you have my sympathy! xoxo

Megan said...

your blog is really so so cute, i gotta say.

pretty sure when i publicly embarrass myself i think about it for DAYS.

ok maybe like months.


sometimes 5 years down the line i still remember the moment and cringe.

clearly i have a problem letting go...