8.03.2011

Oops.

 I was GOING to save this for awkward + awesome, but this is just too awkward for me to wait.

Earlier today I was in the mall (ew I hate the mall) to return a dress I didn't end up wearing to the wedding we went to this past weekend. After I returned the dress, a 40% sign at the Gap managed to lure me in. Let me interrupt this enthralling story by saying that I only had 1/2 a cup of coffee today. And ran 5 miles. I was TIRED. Anyway, I was meandering around Gap, looking at their sale items (40%!), when I noticed a cute scarf on a mannequin. As I went to reach for the scarf to check the price, the mannequin moved. 

Yes. 

Moved.

MOVED because it wasn't a mannequin. It was a freakin' lady waiting for a friend- standing perfectly still, might I add, with sunglasses on. Ok seriously, who wears their sunnies in a store? But whatever, no excuses. I almost touched someone thinking they were a mannequin. 

In the seconds that followed- I tried to make my outstretched hand seem like it was going for something behind the woman, but was fairly unsuccessful since my fingers were like an inch from her neck. 
I turned red. I ran. I promptly texted Alivia and Em and then hid in Starbucks until it was safe to walk past Gap and to my car.

I shouldn't be allowed in public sometimes. 

not the real deal

*sigh*


5 comments:

That Girl in Pearls said...

Hahahaha omg you are too funny. I used to work at a pizzeria like a million years ago. Everytime I would slide the person's credit card on the side of the monitor, the person would get confused, thinking I was giving it back. I can't tell you how hysterical it was to see people try to play off their untimely reach. "Juuuust scratching my ear" "oooooor looking at my watch".

Sometimes all we can do is laugh!

PS About the doggie backpack... He adjusted to it perfectly! Well kind of. We started out with him just wearing it around the house. It was darling to see him getting used to it. It makes him a little wider than usual and you would hear him scraping his little pack against the wall or doorway. Some people say packs are hard to balance but we haven't had any issues with it yet.

Hope you have a wonderful day, Love.
B.
That Girl in Pearls

Alivia said...

I am still laughing at this text.

P.S. Have you heard of "Instant Artificial" nail polish?
http://prettyshinysparkly.com/notd-essie-fiji/ Think we need some!!

YOUR. BLOG. LOOKS. MIRACULOUS.

Emily said...

OK, confession. When you sent that text, I thought it said that you almost touched a maniquin and had thought it was a person. Funny (especially b/c I was overtired) but not as funny as this. OMG. Gut busting laughter over here. I also love that you ran into Starbucks after - you would do that. =) Also, I just wanted to tell you that I still crack up at the thought of you dropping the eggs in the grocery store and saying "Oh chicken." Hahahahahha. LOVE YOU.

Mel said...

Oh, I just busted out laughing at this & now my family is looking at me like I'm crazy... I could totally see myself doing this and I would totally run to hide in Sbux, too. By the way, I came from Emily's blog and I'll be visiting from now on!

Nicole said...

Hahaha thanks Mel- trust me, this won't be the last stupid thing I do + blog about:)