8.27.2010

MORE food? Yes please!

I HAVE to share this yummy thing I created the other night-- delish and not terrible for you. Sometimes I like to pretend I'm a real cook and just start throwing things in a bowl, baking them and then seeing how they turn out. My success rate is probably hovering somewhere around 50%... its cool! And since i'm trying to blog about relationships (kinda) this ties in. Jeff loves food. Jeff loves me. Jeff loves me cooking him food. I swear, I get more "i love yous" at dinner time than any other!

So, after I made the fabulous quiche the other night, I had leftover pie crust! I also had fresh raspberries and peaches. I also have a huge sweet tooth. Put all of those together and you end up with peach raspberry tarts! mmmmm


I took this with my phone so quality sucks. I'm going to start taking better pictures, I sweaaaaaaaaaar.

ANYWAY, here is what ya do!

Raspberry Peach Tart (makes two tarts)
  • 1 pie crust (refrigerated kind! or homemade if you're super ambitious)
  • 1/2 a fresh peach, chopped
  • 1/2 cup raspberries
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tiny little dollop of butter
  Pre heat oven to 350.  Lay pie crust flat and slice down the middle until you have two half circles- set aside.

In bowl, mix sugars, cinnamon, butter with a fork. Should be kind of clumpy. Add peaches and raspberries (I squeezed the raspberries with my hands first) and stir all together.  Add half of mixture to one of the pie crusts and half to the other.  Fold to make triangle, fold edges slightly and seal with a fork. Poke holes in the top.

Bake at 350 for 20ish/25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool and serve with vanilla ice cream!

OMG.

No comments: